9/6/11

favorites.


"O all ye that are pure in heart, 
lift up your heads and receive the 
pleasing word of God, 
and feast upon his love; 
for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."
-Jacob 3:2


"It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; 
yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious unto me."
-Alma 32:28

"...Bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
-Alma 26:27


"And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin.  If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness.  And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness.  And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery.  And if these things are not there is no God.  
And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away."
-2 Nephi 2:13


"And see that all these things are done in wisdom and in order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.  And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."
-Mosiah 4:27

"..Wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard,for it cutteth them to the very center."
-1Nephi 6:2

"The pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul."
-Jacob 2:8

"For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry."
--2Nephi 33:3

"..If I do not, by any means, get shaken from my firmness in the spirit, and stumble because of my over anxiety for you."
-Jacob 4:18

"But let patience have her perfect work,that ye may be perfect and entire,wanting nothing."
-James 1:4


"Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions."
-1Nephi 18:16


"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days."
-D&C 24:8


"And that which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
-D&C 50:24

"And the light which shineth, which giveth you light,is through him who enlighteneth your eyes,which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings."
-D&C 88:11

"For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."
-3Nephi 22:10

"...They were numbered among the people of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith."
-Moroni 6:4

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam,and will be for ever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint
through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive,meek, humble, patient, full of love,willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."
-Mosiah 3:19

"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high." -Richard G. Scott

"True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior." -Boyd K. Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.