8/13/13

worth sharing, I thought.

We're well on our way to my favorite season.  Where the leaves undress and the air breathes clarity into my mind.  That's my word for Fall - Clarity.

Summer is Life.  Spring is Hope.  Winter, I named her Haze.  Because that's all I feel during those dark months.  And I just can't shake it until the sun comes back.

As we prepare to say farewell to Summer once again, things can get a little depressing.  Even with promises of apple spice candles and jack o' lanterns.  Trading swim suits for sweaters has always been generally bittersweet for me.  And so I decided to share an article with you, as sort of a way to bottle up all of the bright and shiny happiness we've collected from our days in the sun.

10 Simple Things You Can Do That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science.  Find it here.  It seems a little redundant at first glance, but I read it this morning and was amazed by some of the content.

For example, did you know that our relationships with others are worth more than $100,000 in terms of life satisfaction?  Or that sleep-deprivation causes our brains to be more able to recollect negative memories and less able to recall positive ones?  Neither did I.

1 comment:

  1. I just am in love with your words. I love your names for the seasons; they are incredibly perfect. I love your mind.

    Wow. That's so weird about sleep derivation and negative memories. It's one of those things that makes total sense but you'd never make the connection between. That's a very scary thought too. Thanks for that list. Being reminded of little things that make you happy is never redundant.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.