7/26/13

finite.

"Often with humans, both good and bad, my senses simply shut off, they get tired, I give up.  I am polite.  I pretend to understand because I don't want anybody to be hurt.  That is the one weakness that has lead me into the most trouble.  Trying to be kind to others I often get my soul shredded into a kind of spiritual pasta.  No matter.  My brain shuts off.  I listen.  I respond.  And they are too dumb to know that I am not there."**
                                                                                    
                                                                                       -Charles Bukowski

Because my perspective is nothing short of limited.  Because I lack the ability to see anything beyond right this second, in front of my face.  Because I am a finite vessel.  Because I tend to forget more often than I remember.  Because all things greater than this are simply out of my reach.  Because I am nothing more than a child.

You remind me.

At first, I'm mortified.  Because how could you?  But then, for a moment, I get a glance from a more mighty perspective.  I can see that you took a good thing to give me something greater. 

And at least I remember to say Thank You most of the time. 

**Quote ripped off via.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm that quote. Spiritual pasta. Your blog turns my brain into the best kind of spiritual pasta. Like delicious expensive carb loaded spaghetti.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha ohh Emma. That was just great. And now I want spaghetti.

      Delete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.