6/26/13

this week.

 photo 6242013233262_zps7f2e0d31.gif
I feel that.

So, our old landlord found a new tenant for our old apartment.  That means that we no longer have to pay for the month of July, which is the best news I've gotten in...I don't know.  At least since the cancellation of Jersey Shore.

I lost my bra yesterday.  Somewhere along the way to our workout class, my bra went missing.  I completely forgot about this until this morning, and I was late to work after burrowing through bags of unpacked clothing to find a replacement bra.  I'm still not sure of the exact location of my preferred bra, but will keep you updated.

We put an offer in on another house.  Because the last one fell through.  Which is not a rare case by any means.  As for this house, I kind of love it.  It's quirky and has old-fashioned moldings and windows, a cool spiral staircase, windows on the roof and a reasonably updated kitchen.  But I'm realizing that it's possible for me to fall in love with an extremely wide range of houses.  So, if we don't get it, whatever.  There are always more houses.  So many houses everywhere.

I applied and interviewed for a promotion at work.  Interviews are the worst.  Sitting in a room with a stranger, talking yourself up as if that's ever socially acceptable.  As if you have so much practice talking about how awesome you are.  Nobody likes people who do that.  Except for in job interviews.  Then it's totally fine.  Anyway, I figure it was worth a try.  I also got what they're calling a second interview on Friday.  Second interview?  I feel like I spent all of my bragging juices up on the last one!

Speaking of Jersey Shore, do you know people who seem to wish that their life was like that show?  What I mean by that is, they have problems, or "beef," if you will, with a plethora of individuals.  So many individuals and problems with these individuals that you can't even keep them straight anymore.  And it puts a pretty big damper on any sort of social gathering you might want to plan in the future.  (Such as a housewarming party?  Is that wishful thinking?  Probably.) 

It's diabolical behavior, this having problems with peeps.  If someone bothers me, I just, you know, walk away from that person.  Just like I would a bush full of bees.  If this person is somewhere that I am, I don't let it ruin my whole entire night/week/LIFE.  And I definitely wouldn't get mad at the person who invited me to this gathering for not considering my current drama-related dilemma that I undeniably brought upon myself.  What is it with these people.  Having problems.  With people.

Anyway.  It feels like Friday, but it's not.  I want to have a brownie, but I don't.  And that's life, I guess.

13 comments:

  1. That house sound fantastic and I want it. I really wanted an older home with tons of character, but when we were house shopping, there weren't any available or they were so trashed that they should have been condemned. Our house is great and I love it, but I often find myself looking around wishing there was more character to them good ol' walls.

    And that gif...oh my. I love it. Animals always make me laugh, which is why I have 4...our house is always a riot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the trouble with old houses, there are so few and the ones you do find are a hot mess. I don't think we're gonna go with that one, sadly enough. The owners weren't willing to come down on their price AT ALL. Which is so annoying. Don't you list an asking price anticipating to negotiate? That's what I thought. Oh well. It's not worth what they're asking. Character is nice, but so is updated water heaters, furnaces and AC haha.

      Your kid is gonna have a great adventure of a life in your house haha it's going to be great.

      Delete
    2. Some people are just way to stubborn to realize that their house isn't as wonderful as they think it is. We ran into some owners like that and they wouldn't budge on their asking price which really irritated me. They wouldn't even try to counter with us, they would like say "no" and that was the end of that. The nerve.

      I hope our kid will have a great adventure of a life. It will definitely be an interesting one with me being the mom. He better come out with a sense of humor or I'm in trouble...

      Delete
  2. Gah, it would be so fun to buy a house. I bet you're gonna have all kinds of fun decorating and making it your own.

    Congrats on the interview! I hope it goes well and that you get the job. What do you do, anyway? haha.

    Bleh, drama queens/kings. I make it a hobby to avoid them. But, somehow they always find me. That's when you put on your hermit outfit and hide in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I have no idea what a hermit outfit is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Lacey! That was great. I have no idea either but I don't even care. Too funny.

      I work at a credit card security company. I take some calls and enter data and just sit at a desk all day. Not too shabby! The position I applied for is just...more responsibility I guess. It's hard to explain haha but we help companies who process credit cards make sure they're doing it safely to avoid getting hacked/compromised! Super exciting.

      Delete
    2. Ah! As a fellow office desk-dweller, I share your enthusiasm. haha. Thankful for a job, though :)

      Delete
  4. Keep us posted about the housing situations, the interview (btw, what is your job or degree?..) and of course the wherabouts of your bra ;)

    I love to hear your rambly posts like this. and as for that dog. that is me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote about my job in my above comment to Lacey! It's really not that interesting but if you really wanna know...there you go!

      Isn't that dog so adorable and easily relate-able at the same time? haha it reminds me of those moments where you just forget how to exist.

      Delete
  5. I love the way you craft your posts. The house sounds really adorable; a spiral staircase would be the coolest thing ever! And oh my goodness I HATE when I lose my favorite bra. It's the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically just throw up all of my thoughts into a post haha I'm glad you enjoy it.

      Yeah, I have like four bras, and only wear one unless I have no choice. Is every girl like this? I hope that's normal.

      Delete
  6. i love the thing about the bra. i have the same problem with my power chords. and sometimes my pants.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.