1/23/14

you are because you are

If you wake up each day, interrogating the world as to whether or not you're important, you, in turn, render yourself disabled. You forfeit any potential, as much as I hate that word, any potential you may have to go out and do something important or to remind any other individual in the world that they're important themselves. Wondering if you're important or capable of important things is a waste of time. It's something you need to accept about yourself, and move on. You're a human being that exists; you are therefore important and capable of important things by default. Questioning that unquestionable fact is only going to keep you somewhere you were never meant to be, away from all of the things you were. It's the biggest predator to importance that I can think of. It's also incredibly boring.

(Sometimes I like to write as the complete opposite of myself. It seems to help trivialize the neuroses.)

6 comments:

  1. MEG! thank you thank you thank you. this is just. exactly perfect. i should try this "self-opposite" thing sometime....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes! haha it's a new sort of therapy that I just made up. So hopefully it yields some fruitful results.

      Delete
  2. It is boring. this is perfect. DAMN I needed this today. Ugh you rule. As usual. :)

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. this is pretty much me exactly. always questioning. never believing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably just human nature or something! But so frustrating.

      Delete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.