3/26/13

m m m f.

Finally, we have gotten to the festival.  The whole reason we actually made our way to Arizona.  I just had so many pictures it seemed ridiculous to do it all in one post.
This is where the food situation got pretty out of hand.  But there was just so much of it!  I could smell it wafting through the air from all of the different vendors.  Burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, kettle corn, fish n' chips, funnel cake, more kettle corn!  Yum!

My stomach kept saying, "I hate you."
And I was like, "I don't caaare! Here's another polish dog and a Cherry Coke!"
We saw Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, and The Shins.  Some of the best tunes around these days, if you ask me.  The Shins did fantastic, of course.  But, with their 12-piece band, wide variety of instruments, big sound and spontaneous jam sessions, Edward stole the show.  For me, anyway.  It was the best live show I've seen by far.  They let the crowd request all of the songs, and just looked like they were having the time of their lives playing for us.  It was beautiful and I wanna go back.
The Shins will always hold a special place in my heart.  You see, when I was younger I was stuck in a terrible phase where I only cared to listen to bands who made chaotic, angry music in which the lead singer usually sounded like he was really upset about something.  The Shins was my gateway band to bigger and better (and less obnoxious) things.

Outdoor concerts are my favorite part of summer.  No contest.
A sad attempt at photographing the moon.
And here I am.  Sitting on the ground.  Because I have the back of a 70-something-year-old and can't remain standing through more than one set.

4 comments:

  1. You're so dang cute!
    This outdoor concert thingy looks like my sorta thingy.
    and all that food.
    yup. I need to go to one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whenever i read posts that talk about food/have pictures of food, all i can think about is fooooooooooood. like turning on the food network and being instantly hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! love all your pictures. you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you sitting there on the grass. It's just about my favorite picture of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.