3/31/14

03-31




My sweet husband. This week, you turn 24.

I know it's been stressful lately, what with all of the taxes and insurance and school and work and trying to save money while actually having some sort of life. But I've come to appreciate it, the chaos. It gives an extra push to write you a nice note or hug you a little longer. It gives me confidence in this little life we're building.

I never would have guessed that the boy from school who added me on MSN Messenger seven years ago would end up my husband. But then, life has a way of turning out better than I would have guessed. You know this already. I'm the cynic and you've got your rose-colored glasses, always doing your best to help me see that life actually isn't one big worst-case scenario.

You know that lonely feeling, of laughing to yourself in a room full of people who don't seem to get the joke? That's one of my favorite things about you and I - We laugh at the same things. Standing in our kitchen, driving along in our cheap cars. We laugh at the same things.

And, who knows why, that means everything.

6 comments:

  1. Your love for your man is always so pure and so honest. I adore you two. Happy birthday to him.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Drewsus! He's a good man. A good friend. I'm glad he chose you and you chose him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness this is beautiful. The msn thing made me laugh haha

    Bless you both for the relationship you share. It is a rare thing so never let go.

    Happy birthday to your man x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed reading your blog. I feel like I never come on here anymore let alone post any comments of substance.

    I hope you got my instagram message. I'm excited!

    Also: I nominated you for the Liebster Award (http://elantheblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award_1.html). I hope you do it, but no pressure ;) xo, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also a big big happy birthday to the Drewsus ;)

      Delete
  5. Our husbands are the same age! Happy Birthday to him! It is nice having a husband amongst this crazy busy life isnt it?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.