6/7/13

Just lounging while wearing, what I think you'll agree is, a very classy cat.

The thing about exercising is that it turns me into a very strange, and as of yet completely unfamiliar version of myself.  It makes me not want to binge on ice cream beforehand, because then I'll get a side ache and want to throw up.  It makes me refrain from binging on ice cream afterward, because if I did that then all of the grievous pain I put myself through would have been in vain.  

It also makes me listen to music I would never in my life choose to listen to.  I'm jumping up and down, with a throat so dry I can't swallow my own spit, trying with all of my might to keep my "high knees" from gradually lowering with each step.  And I'm listening to loud techno remixes of songs I've heard too many times already without even wanting to.  You know, those songs that are just everywhere.  The songs that pollute public places and get stuck in your head in spite of all of the efforts you make to keep that from happening.

But the thing is, in that moment, the one where my body is about to shut down, I've found that this music is completely appropriate.  As I'm leaning against a wall in sitting position, except it's just my legs holding me up instead of a chair and my thighs are burning with heat from the underworld, I close my eyes and focus on the "NNS NNS NNS NNS."  And it helps.  

I guess I usually don't enjoy that music because it distracts me from what's happening in my brain.  I typically enjoy my thoughts.  But when I'm participating in exercise, I need my thoughts to just shut the heck up!  

And that, my friends, is what techno remixes are for. 

I hurt.

But happy Friday. Be fabulous this weekend!
 photo 6620130512118_zps5d061707.gif

8 comments:

  1. haha. seriously though this post left me in stitches.
    working out does the same thing to me. it's like poptarts? well, then what a waste of killing myself.
    and about the music.. how come it's always the annoying songs that seem to be everywhere?! and they have to stay in your heads for dayyys.
    ok, and that GIF. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the gif just perfect?? haha I saw it and knew it had to be mine. I wonder where it came from.

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness I TOTALLY get this!! the only techno/rap/r&b music on my ipod is for when I exercise. I have to have some kind of an upbeat, mindless music going on or I crash and burn.. HARD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Really weird but you have to have something to pound out any thought in your brain so that you...sort of forget you're working out haha.

      Delete
  3. LOL you're totally right about the techno remixes. That is, in fact, their only purpose in life. To empty thoughts. And, that gif? I nearly died. This is why we're friends. (we are friends right? *fingers crossed*) :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes so much sense. I mean, why else would they only play such awful, loud music at clubs all of the time? So that people just won't think about all of the disgusting behavior they're participating in. Like bumpin and grindin. I can't believe I even just said that.

      Delete
  4. Good work on all the working out, I always focus on my breathing if I go running but when listening to music I like the time my run to the rhythm which can make me look a little bit mental... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mouth wouldn't close and my eyes wouldn't quit bleeding after that gif.
    just. yeh...

    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.