11/26/12

un-happy, but necessary Monday.

Here we are, just hanging out in our front room.  Sweaters, leggings, cardigans, wrapped in photogenic Christmas lights.  You know, the usual.

Obviously kidding.  Get real.  This is another teaser from the shoot we did with Erin.  She's so creative.  I want to send it out as a Christmas card, but I think people will be mad that they get a Christmas card from us before a thank-you card.  Maybe I just think too much.

I'm falling asleep in my chair at work today.  Fact about Drew and I: we're definite night owls.  Employment and something called "adult responsibility" keep us from acting on our natural tendency to stay up into the early morning, watching movies and snacking and giggling and loving the fact that we don't have to wake up to an alarm in a few hours.

We had the opportunity to do this all weekend, and it was bliss.  But one thing you just have to accept about life is that Monday always comes.  Like a great big slap in the face.  I know, I'm so full of wisdom.  All things considered, being tired today is worth all of the weekend enjoyment.  I'm just pounding down some Diet Dew and chewing on sunflower seeds to stay awake.

A very un-happy because it's after a long weekend, but necessary because we have to get on with our lives, Monday to you.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dude. Why have i JUST discovered your blog?!
    I like it. quite a lot. i read your about me page and then the random fact post that you suggested, and am quite amused at how much i have in common with you. :D i hope that doesn't weird you out. haha. anyway. yup. great space here.
    (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually really glad you said that. Because every time I read what you post I feel like we're quite the pair of kindred spirits haha. So thanks! I take that as a compliment.

      Delete
  2. I want obnoxious white walls to hang things on and a photo of us wrapped in lights and those leggings probably the most of everything hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come live with us! haha and our mice. To be fair, the leggings are Kayloni's. And the sweater. Here's to friends who are more stylish than me!

      Delete
  3. Oh my heck those photos are amazing! Seriously, I lOVE them! My legs wouldn't look nearly as cute in those tights or I'd try and steal your idea:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your legs look great in everything, you should give it a go!

      Delete
  4. dude, love those teaser pics. super cute! and your outfit is way cute. wish i could rock leggings like that.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.