12/3/10

reality vs. substance

Your presence is like a disease 

and it's spreading through the room.

You're nothing sober,
you try to hide it.

I can see it with no defense, 
no ability or will to fight it.

You're stumbling through the door,
it's nothing I haven't seen before.

All these years,
All these years and I still don't know 
who this person is,

who you've become.



Look at your reflection and tell yourself


that you're in control.

Say that you know what you're doing.

Keep telling yourself
 that this is the last time.
At least one of us is convinced.
But it only takes one look 
into those flat, opaque eyes

and I can see
 I've lost you again.

Your thoughts swayed with alcohol
 -
Your main intention to forget us all.


Slowly giving away all the secrets

That you've tried so desperately to hide.
While rolling over 
and off your bed
,
You slur something about suicide.

So dress it up, make it real
.

Keep lying to yourself

about how you really feel
.
Take in that bottle
as if there's anything to prove,
like you have nothing to lose.

Come on, seal the deal

.

This substance
,

This is your disease

And you'd easily choose it over me

.

So dress it up, make it real


Keep lying to yourself

About how you really feel
.
This substance
,
This is your disease

And you've chosen it over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say about what I had to say. Feel free to leave those thoughts here.